Content Authoring Tools
Again, lets break it down with a few questions.
- What is an online tool? Any software that eases the process of ‘creating’ or ‘building’.
- What do you mean by authoring content? Producing, processing and piecing together relevant information is called authoring content, or, content authoring.
- What is a content authoring tool? A software application that lets you tailor-make content to be published on the internet is called a content authoring tool. Simple!
Why is a Content Authoring Tool important for an LMS?To start with, LMSs are built to host tons of content for learners. A course makes up most of the content that is available on an LMS. Every course has a number of different elements or objects like textual paragraphs, images, graphs, illustrations, pop-up boxes, Greek symbols and links. Usually, a tool application has most of the elements you would like to add to your course. But, to find a tool that takes care of all your creative whims you need to do intensive research and find out a solution that best suits you. In any LMS, an in-built course authoring tool has manifold advantages.
Benefits of an in-built course authoring solution:
- For starters, it reduces the time and effort you invest in looking for a tool yourself.
- LMS companies who have been in the industry for quite some time, understand the need of course creators and can be trusted easily.
- These courses are ready to be published on any web-based platform.
- In-built tools come along with the entire package so there are no hidden or recurring costs for course creation. Also, you can expect timely bug fixes and updates.
- Course Authoring becomes faster because you can store all your resources on the LMS itself.
- It eliminates the hassle of individually importing every course from different sources and then worrying about its compatibility.
Some LMSs that offer this as a standard solution
Thought Industries (mostly for the Corporate sector)
TalentLMS (for eLearning)
Looop (for eLearning)